Department of Family Medicine in Delsu (Student Guide)
Welcome to the Department of Family Medicine, the department is one of the most modern Family Medicine centers in the country and they offer a full spectrum of training for residents in Family Medicine .They are also committed to conducting research in academic and health care setting.
The department not only provides excellent clinical services but is also an academic department committed to teaching, training, research and the promotion of excellence in Family Medicine.
Recommended articles specially for you
- How to Easily Gain Admission into Delta State University (Delsu)
- How to Pass DELSU Post utme (Absolute Guide)
- Top 4 Mistakes Delsu Aspirants Make – (Number 2 will shock you)
- How to Check Your DELSU Post UTME Result Easily
- Delsu Change of Course & How to Apply (Guide)
- Updated List of All the Courses Offered in Delta state university
- 7 Understandable Reasons Why you will NOT GAIN Admission into DELSU
All their medical staff are continuously supervised by the consultants who are always available. they undertake regular and robust assessment of our practice at our clinical meetings throughout the week to ensure we maintain high standard of care, employing protocols in evidence- based medicine to ensure they are at the cutting edge of best practice in Family Medicine.
The Mission of the Family Medicine Department
- To provide high quality general and family health care services to the satisfaction of the health care needs of our patients, regardless of their age, gender or type of disease or illness.
- To provide high quality postgraduate training in Family Medicine in Nigeria and the West African sub-region.
- To consolidate and update the competence (knowledge, skill and attitude) of the general duty Medical Officers as regards their general role in tertiary care and secondary/primary care elsewhere.
- To acquire, provide and use competently relevant modern ancillary diagnostic (point of care) and therapeutic aids and technology in general medical practice and family
The Vision of the Family Medicine Department
- To become recognized and regarded as a frontline department that provides and delivers holistic, innovative and integrative medical care to the patient, anchored on high quality general and family practice healthcare through continuing (on- going), comprehensive and coordinated care.
- To create a shared network that ensures comprehensive healthcare to patients within the context of the family, community and environment.
- To become recognized and fully accredited for residency training in Family Medicine by both the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria and the West African College of Physicians.
The Core Values of the Department
The core values of the department include, but are not limited to:
- Patient centeredness
- Patient satisfaction
- Patient safety
- Participatory care
- Continuing care
Delta State University Contact Address
List of Available Departments in Delta State University
For some certain reasons, you are not able to find what you hoped you will find in this particular Delsu Department, we have taken our precious time to create a list of all the available departments in the prestigious Delta state University.
You can click here or the below button to see the full list of all the current departments in Delta state University, don’t forget to keep your eyes open for the accredited departments in delta state university.
Everything you need to know about Delsu
Delta State University which is popularly known as DELSU, is one of the most prestigious state owned university in Nigeria.
Delsu currently operates a multiple campus system with three distinct campuses, which are about 200 km apart.
The University has its main Campus located at Abraka, Delta State and other campuses in Anwai-Asaba and Oleh which are still in the same state, Delta.
Delta State University is one of the 25 federal universities that is been controlled, overseen and accredited by the National Universities Commission.
As of the time of this post, the University offers a wide range of educational programs, ranging from full time certificate, degree and diploma programs to part time weekend and evening degree programs.
Delsu also offers post graduate studies up to doctorate level.
The University possesses a student/staff counselling centre, an e-learning centre, students and lecturers accommodation facilities, sporting complex and host of other amenities.
This unique university boasted of about 36,000 student population as at the 2007/2008 academical session.
Frequently Asked Questions about Delsu
We took our time to research about the frequently asked questions about Delsu and came up with a bunch of them.
What is the full meaning of Delsu?
Delsu is an abbreviation for Delta State university.
When was Delsu founded?
Delta state university was established in the year 1992.
What is the motto of Delta State University (Delsu)?
Knowledge Character and Service.
What is the official website of Delta state university (Delsu)?
www.delsu.edu.ng offers every thing you need to know about the school such as weekly bulletins, library information, gallery, students admission status, etc.
While www.delsuonline.com offers portal services such as, students and admin logins, printing of school fees receipt, replacement of Lost identity cards, result checking, printing of departmental courses, etc.
Does Delsu offer Scholarships?
Delta state university offers scholarships, bursary, grants and different awards. The University has a special scholarship plan and grants to various categories of students.
Is Delsu a federal or state University?
Delta state university is a state owned university, which is overseen and accredited by the National University Commission
Where is Delsu Located?
Delsu is located in Delta state, Nigeria. It has it’s main campus in Abraka and other campuses in Anwai-Asaba and Oleh.
The History of Delsu
Delta State University(Delsu) was generally recorded as a center of Education.
It began as a Government Teacher’s Training college during the colonial period and a few years into the post colonial times.
Delsu became an educational college that awarded the Nigerian Certificate of Education (NCE) from the year 1971 to 1985.
The University got affiliated with the University of Benin in the year 1981, and started offering degree programmes from 1981 till 1985.
Before it became the faculty of Education of the then Bendel State University with its main campus in Ekpoma.
The creation of Edo and Delta states in the year August 1991 and the conversion of the formerly known Bendel University Ekpoma, in December 1991 triggered the establishment of the independent Delta State University Abraka.
This move was carried out by the then Executive Governor of the state, Olorogun Felix Ibru on the 30th of April 1992.
Delta State University began with Five faculties at its early stage:
- Faculty of Education.
- Faculty of Agriculture.
- Faculty of Arts.
- Faculty of Science.
- Faculty of Social science.
In the year 1995, the State government enacted a policy which enabled the University to posses 3 campuses.
These campuses were distributed within the 3 senatorial districts of Delta state.
As a result of this enacted policy, the main Campus was established in Abraka, and the other campuses were established in Anwai-Asaba and Oleh.
Delsu Campuses and Their Faculties.
Delta State University’s academical programmes/faculties are currently distributed among the Campuses below.
Delsu Abraka Campus
Abraka is an urhobo kingdom in Delta state, which has been made popular due to the fact that the main Campus of Delta state university (Delsu) is located there.
Faculties in Delsu Abraka Campus.
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Art
- Faculty of Social science
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Science
Delsu Anwai- Asaba Campus.
Asaba is a city found in Delta state, which is located at the western edge of the Niger River.
It is a fast growing urban area which possesses one of the Delta state university’s campuses.
Faculties in Anwai-Asaba campus
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Accountancy
- Faculty of Environmental Studies.
Oleh, the headquarters of the Isoko south local government area is home to one of the Delta State University Campuses.
It was established as a result of the amended Edict in the year 1995
Facilities in Oleh Campus
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Engineering
Delsu Hostel Accommodation (Halls of Residence)
The state owned university offers a wide range of accommodation for both post graduate and undergraduate students.
These Halls of residence are distributed through out the various campuses.
Abraka Halls of Residence (hostel)
- Abraka hall for males
- Canon Mason Hall for males
- Medical hostel
- Council Hall .
- Eco hall
- Ethiope hall
- Medical Hostel
- NDDC Hall
- Executive Hostel
Anwai halls of residence (hostel)
- Council Hall
- Asaba Hall
- Niger Hall
- NEEDS assessment hall
Delsu Oleh Halls of Residence (hostel)
- Two government hostel
- Brooklyn hall
- Two Government Hostels
- Isoko Development Venture hostel
- Women Affairs Hall
See What Others are Reading
- How to Prepare a Personal Reading Time Table
- How to Improve your School grades
- 7 Degree Courses that will keep you self employed
If are unable to find what you are looking for here or maybe you have any correction regarding this post, kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to you as soon as possible.