University of Zurich PhD Scholarships for International Students,2023
University of Zurich UBS Center Scholarships are offered annually to exceptional university graduates so that they may pursue PhD studies at the Zurich Graduate School of Economics, which is administered by the Department of Economics at the University of Zurich.
In addition to the scholarship program, the UBS Center will provide additional PhD seats for exceptional young researchers by endowing new chairs at the Department of Economics.
This will ensure that the Zurich Graduate School of Economics reaches a critical mass of outstanding young talent in order to establish a world-class graduate school with an appealing research environment.
- Type: PhD
- Organisation: University of Zurich
- Country to study: Switzerland
- School to study: University of Zurich
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2023
About the University of Zurich
The University of Zurich, located in the city of Zürich, is Switzerland’s largest university, with 28,000 students enrolled. It was established in 1833 from existing colleges of theology, law, and medicine dating back to 1525, as well as a new faculty of philosophy.
The UBS Center Scholarships cover all tuition fees as well as living expenses (about CHF 42’500 per year).
Applicants must meet the following conditions to be considered for this scholarship:
- Applicants must have earned a Bachelor’s degree from a reputable institution with a high grade point average.
- Candidates must exhibit outstanding academic and leadership skills.
- Applicants must be prepared to adhere by the standards governing the conduct of ETH Zurich students.
- As the selection process may include a phone/VC interview, applicants must ensure that they can be reached at the phone number listed on their resume.
- In addition to the documents for Master admission, applicants will be expected to file a pre-proposal for their master’s thesis.
How to apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must use eApply to apply for ETH Zurich Excellence scholarships (online Master application). The application period is from November 1 to December 15, 2022, for a Master’s program that will begin in 2023.
- Applicants should make sure to fill out the online application completely, as applications that aren’t complete won’t be accepted.
January 15, 2023
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Group
See What Others Are Reading:
- Indigenous Education Placement Scholarship at Flinders University,2022
- Southampton Electronics and Computer Science Commonwealth International Scholarships
- Cameron Beyer International Scholarship, Federation University Australia