The Indigenous Education Placement Scholarship was founded in recognition of the profound admiration for the knowledge, capacity, and leadership potential that indigenous people can provide to the nation. The purpose of the award is to aid Indigenous preservice teachers placed in rural locations.
This scholarship aims to alleviate the financial burden associated with placements and enable students to develop their talents while contributing to a rural or distant community.
- Type: Undergraduate
- Organisation: Flinders University
- Country to study: Australia
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: November 25, 2022
About the Flinders University
🙏So sorry to interrupt your reading, Could you spare 5 seconds? We'd love you to join our new WhatsApp channel. Just hit 'Subscribe' below. Thanks for your support.
In Adelaide, South Australia, there is a public university called Flinders University. It was established in 1966 and is called in honor of the explorer and surveyor of the South Australian coastline in the early 19th century, Matthew Flinders.
A member of the Innovative Research Universities (IRU) Group and a thriving university, Flinders is ranked 36th globally and in the top 10 in Australia among institutions founded less than 50 years ago. The institution established a cross-disciplinary method of teaching, and its faculties of medicine and the humanities are among the top 10 in the country.
According to the Academic Ranking of World Universities, the university is one of the top 400 universities in the world. Flinders University is ranked between 251 and 300 in the most recent Times Higher Education rankings of the best universities in the world.
The value of the scholarship is up to $5,000, paid in a single installment before to the start of the placement*.
The award is meant to assist with housing, travel, and general living expenses related to the placement. It may help compensate for the loss of income and costs associated with maintaining their customary housing throughout the semester.
Recipients who do not accept the rural or remote posting are responsible for repaying the scholarship funds.
*Students who obtain another scholarship for the same placement may have their award amount decreased.
An applicant must:
- Be of Australian Aboriginals or Torres Strait Islanders decent; and
- Identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander of Australia; and
- Be recognised as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander by their current or former community; and
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor of Education program that involves placement components at Flinders University; and
- Be enrolled in a course with a minimum four-week placement requirement in the year the scholarship will be given; and
- Plan to participate in a placement in a regional or rural area, as described by the Australian Statistical Geography Standard Remoteness Areas 3-5;
- Be participating in the internship at a regional or rural location at least 90 minutes from the student’s campus; and
- Be relocating briefly from their normal semester address to participate in the placement; and
- Have not previously received this scholarship.
- Students who have already completed their internship are not eligible to apply.
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of:
- Academic merit
- The extent to which the scholarships will reduce financial hardships resulting from the placement.
- The student’s proven commitment to completing a regional or rural placement as evidenced by their responses to the selection criterion questions
- The extent to which the candidate will be able to contribute to the school and larger community as a result of this placement.
According to protocols established by the Director, Student Administration, in cooperation with the Office of Indigenous Strategy and Engagement, the candidate(s) will be selected.
How to apply
Online applications must be submitted using the Flinders University Student System by the given deadline.
November 25, 2022.
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Group
See What Others Are Reading:
- FIA Motorsport Engineering international awards at Cranfield University, UK
- Southampton Electronics and Computer Science Commonwealth International Scholarships
- Cameron Beyer International Scholarship, Federation University Australia