MP-IDSA 2022 India-Africa Security Fellowship Programme for African Students
MP-IDSA welcomes Fellows from Africa to interact with India’s research community and do research on issues that may improve our understanding of security challenges in Africa or the potential for increasing India-Africa Security collaboration. The fellowship provides a chance to strengthen our mutual research capabilities on strategic topics.
- Type: Fellowship
- Organisation: Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (MP-IDSA)
- Country to study: India
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: Not Specified
About the Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (MP-IDSA)
The Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (MP-IDSA) is a non-partisan, independent organization committed to doing objective research and policy-relevant studies on all elements of defence and security. Its aim is to promote national and international security by generating and disseminating knowledge on defense and security problems.
MP-IDSA will provide housing, office space, Internet connectivity, and additional support services. Fellows will get a monthly fellowship of Rs. 50,000 in addition to economy-class travel.
Fellows would be linked to MP-IDSA for a full-time duration of one to three months.
- .Fellows would be required to produce an Occasional Paper or a joint research publication with an MP-IDSA scholar during the fellowship year.
- Alternately, the fellows might produce original, high-quality essays (4000 to 6000 words) that could be presented during a Fellows’ Seminar at the institution and then reviewed for publication in MP-flagship IDSA’s magazine “Strategic Analysis.”
- Fellows may also submit at least one remark for publishing on the website of the MP-IDSA.
Scholars and researchers from prestigious universities, think tanks, government officials, military leaders, and eminent individuals are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Interested applicants may submit an 800-word research proposal outlining the proposal’s connection to the fellowship program’s objectives, benefit to the institute, host (MP-IDSA), timeline, and final product.
- A 500-word purpose statement detailing how the scholar will profit from the Fellowship.
- Enhanced resume
- Two published articles as samples of writing
- Two references (professional/academic) are required.
- Completed applications must be mailed or emailed to “The Director-General, Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (MP-IDSA),” [email protected], at least three months prior to the desired date of fellowship commencement.
- For the term of the Fellowship, applicants would require a research visa. If accepted, MP-IDSA will offer an affiliation letter to facilitate this process. To minimize any difficulty, applicants may be asked to contact the Indian Embassy/High Commission/Consulate in their home countries for more information about the application process and timeline.
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Group
See What Others Are Reading:
- University of Deakin Australia 2023 Den Hollander Scholarship
- University of Arizona 2022 Global Wildcat Scholarship
- Open job as a car wash attendant at Skogie’s on Clement in Canada