Dr. John N. Nicholson Fellowship at Northwestern University US 2023
The Dr. John N. Nicholson Fellowship supports excellent Northwestern graduate students pursuing PhD degrees in the sciences, engineering, and management. Applicants of Greek origin or heritage are given preference.
- Type: PhD
- Organisation: Northwestern University
- Country to study: United States
- School to study: Northwestern University
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: January 13, 2023
About the Northwestern University
Northwestern University (NU) is a private research university with campuses in Chicago, Illinois, and Doha, Qatar, with its main campus being in Evanston, Illinois. Northwestern University, which is comprised of twelve schools and colleges, provides 124 undergraduate degrees and 145 graduate and professional degrees.
- Partial Funding, Full tuition + Stipend
- Northwestern University’s Dr. John N. Nicholson Fellowship is restricted to citizens of the United States.
- Applicants participating in Ph.D. programs in fundamental sciences or management at Northwestern University are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must submit no more than three nominations for every academic program.
- Applicants obtaining graduate funding must comply to the University’s regulations governing beneficiaries.
How to apply
The following materials must be provided using the online grant/fellowship application tool as separate PDF files. Only individuals who have been nominated by their program may submit application materials via the application portal, and only after the program has submitted the nomination will the applicant receive an email inviting them to do so.
- Purpose Statement and Research Description (maximum of four pages, double-spaced, plus one page for references): Explain the proposed or existing study, your research objectives, and your career aspirations in plain language.
- Curriculum vitae
- Unofficial transcript from Northwestern
- Advisor letter of recommendation: Applicants will ask a faculty member to send a letter of recommendation while completing their application through the online application tool. (Note: Faculty members must receive invitations through email using their @northwestern.edu addresses.) Before adding their name in the online application tool, applicants should give plenty of early notice to the prospective letter-writer.
January 13, 2023
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Group
See What Others Are Reading:
- Indigenous Education Placement Scholarship at Flinders University,2022
- Southampton Electronics and Computer Science Commonwealth International Scholarships
- Cameron Beyer International Scholarship, Federation University Australia