Medical Research Foundation 2022 Meade Collaboration Travel Grants for African Researchers in Epidemiology
The Medical Research Council is pleased to provide travel grants for collaboration to epidemiology researchers in sub-Saharan Africa.
Mid-career researchers from sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) who are making the move to research independence and seek to create collaborations with UK-based researchers are encouraged to apply.
Researchers should seek to expand their epidemiology abilities, build or advance their collaborations and networks, share their knowledge, or complete a short project that could not be completed at their employing organization in SSA. The suggested work should complement the applicant’s current or planned research, but reflect a distinct progression.
The Medical Research Foundation is an autonomous nonprofit organization. Formed by the Medical Research Council (MRC), we cultivate individuals and ideas wherever we identify promising research prospects. The study financed by this competition is made possible by Professor Thomas Meade’s generous donation.
- Type: Fellowship
- Organisation: Medical Research Foundation
- Country to study: Not specified
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: November 30, 2022
About the Medical Research Foundation
We independently fund and promote innovative research in areas of high clinical need but low investment, thereby fostering the circumstances necessary for the advancement of human health to reach new and exciting frontiers.
- Applicants may apply for funding for a one- to three-month visit to a UK research institution.
- Applicants may apply for up to £5,000 for one month in the United Kingdom, £9,000 for two months in the United Kingdom, and up to £13,000 for three months in the United Kingdom to cover travel, visas, sustenance, and research consumables during their stay at a UK research organization.
- The Foundation is committed to granting between three and six Meade Collaborative Travel Grants year, according on the duration of the visits. This competition will be held once yearly.
Scholars and researchers from prestigious universities, think tanks, government officials, military leaders, and eminent individuals are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Applications must demonstrate a cooperation between a mid-career researcher from a sub-Saharan African countries who works in the field of epidemiology and a UK-based researcher who has their own research group and can accommodate the visiting researcher.
Interested and qualified? Kindly Visit Medical Research Foundation website.
November 30, 2022
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Group
See What Others Are Reading:
- University of Deakin Australia 2023 Den Hollander Scholarship
- University of Arizona 2022 Global Wildcat Scholarship
- Carleton University 2023 Richard Van Loon Scholarships for African Students in Canada for Bachelor