Our Care Philosophy Is
“Every single action and decision that is carried out by this position is founded on respect for the inhabitants, for the advancement of their dignity, individual freedom, choice, and lifestyle, as well as meaningful quality living.”
The mission of this job, as well as that of the entire Continuing Care team, is to foster a sense of home and community for everyone who resides in one of the Yukon Continuing Care facilities by tailoring care and services to the specific need of individual residents.
Clinical Educators are the individuals who are accountable for developing, coordinating, facilitating, and delivering clinical training to all of the division’s employees. They maintain and keep current the knowledge and abilities of individuals working in government long term care homes and home care by coordinating and delivering professional development courses, as well as providing training and education, developed in both in-person and online formats.
Trending: 2000+ Foreign Job Openings in Canada
They are responsible for leading the orientation of newly hired staff members, determining the resources necessary to accomplish training objectives, and providing recommendations to the management of Continuing Care.
We ask that you send us your resume, which should make it abundantly apparent how you meet the requirements listed below.
Please be aware that the information you submit in your resume will be the only factor used in the selection process for further consideration.
- Current registration with a nursing regulatory authority in Canada and/or a current licence to practise in Canada as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Practical Nurse.
- Considerable experience in the clinical setting.
- Proven success in designing and putting training programmes, policies, and resources into action.
- Considerable experience in adult education session facilitation, along with relevant academic training.
- Proven success in developing and implementing education for online learning.
Desired Knowledge, Abilities, And Appropriateness
Candidates ought to have, and may be graded on, the following:
- Excellent talents in both written and vocal communication.
- excellent proficiency in all three Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Capability to operate both independently and cooperatively within a group setting.
- Capability to educate others in a manner that is accommodating and adaptable to their needs.
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills as well as attention to detail while sticking to standardised procedures.
- the ability to collaborate with other experts to share job delivery methods and strategies.
Conditions of Employment:
TB testing, a security clearance with the vulnerable sector, CPR level BLS certification (done within the past six months), WHMIS 2015, a valid class 5 driver’s licence or an equivalent, and registration with the Yukon Registered Nurses Association or a Yukon LPN licence are all necessary (required prior to hire).
Constant movement between different training sites and programme locations, usually inside Whitehorse; constant bending and lifting of large objects (10-30 lbs).
How to Apply
Please call Mona Sullivan-Curtis at (867) 393-6309 or send an email to [email protected] if you are interested in learning more about this position. She is the Manager of Clinical Practice and Professional Development.
Susan Bryant, a Human Resources Consultant, can be reached at (867) 332-4271 or via e-mail at [email protected] if you would need any additional information regarding the selection process.
Do not send your resume to the email address listed above; it is possible that resumes will only be accepted through the online recruitment system.
For more information on how to apply, you can click the link below
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Group
See what others are reading