Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) 2022
The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS), which was established by the Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong in 2009, aims to attract the best and brightest students in the world to pursue their PhD studies in Hong Kong’s universities.
- Type: Fellowship
- Organisation: Hong Kong
- Country to study: N/A
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: December 1, 2022
About Hong Kong
Hong Kong, formally the Hong Kong Special Administrative Territory of the People’s Republic of China, is a metropolitan area and special administrative region of China located in South China’s Pearl River Delta.
- Each recipient will receive an annual salary of HK$325,200 (about US$41,690) plus a conference and research-related travel allowance of HK$13,600 (approximately US$1,740) for up to three years.
- 300 PhD Fellowships will be awarded for the academic year 2023/24. (Universities in Hong Kong normally start their academic year in September).
- For those who require more than three years to complete their PhD, the selected universities may give additional funding.
To be eligible to enroll in the program for the current academic year, you must satisfy the eligibility requirements listed below.
- International students who wish to study in Hong Kong are eligible to apply (irrespective of their country of origin),
- Applicants must have prior work experience and an appropriate ethnic background to be eligible.
- Applicants must exhibit exceptional academic performance, research aptitude / potential, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities.
While academic brilliance is the most important element, the Selection Committees will also examine the following:
- Academic excellence;
- Research potential and capability;
- Communication and social abilities; and
- Leadership competencies.
Eligible Participating Universities
Candidates must apply for admission as new full-time PhD students at one of the eight universities listed below.
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- Lingnan University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Education University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The University of Hong Kong
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants must submit their applications directly to one of the universities indicated above. The individual universities will provide information regarding enrollment for the fellowship program.
December 1, 2022
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Group
See What Others Are Reading:
- FIA Motorsport Engineering international awards at Cranfield University, UK
- Southampton Electronics and Computer Science Commonwealth International Scholarships
- Cameron Beyer International Scholarship, Federation University Australia