The University of Sheffield recognizes the significance of affordability when pursuing higher education in the United Kingdom. As a result, they offer to pay up to three academics to conduct research in Sheffield for up to a year.
For the academic year 2023-24, applications are being accepted from all over the world. The Sanctuary International Visitors Support Scheme was established to assist academics who have been relocated or have been afflicted by conflict or persecution in their home country.
- University or Organization: University of Sheffield
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Subsistence allowance of £17,350 per annum
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
About the University of Sheffield
The University of Sheffield offers a variety of high-quality courses, including undergraduate, graduate, and adult education programs. There are full-time, part-time, online, and distance learning study choices.
Why at the study University of Sheffield?
Sheffield is a top-100 university in the world, renowned for its research-driven learning and teaching excellence, impact, and uniqueness. As a member of a truly global community, worldwide independent assessments continually validate its outstanding teaching and research performance.
- A yearly subsistence stipend of £17,350 (pro-rata)
- A supplement of £5,000 per year (pro-rata) for each dependent (up to a maximum of 3 dependents)
- Up to £2,500 in arrival costs, including travel.
- Housing: As part of the visa requirement, free housing is offered for up to 6 months under the Homes for Ukraine Scheme. Those who are not qualified for the Homes for Ukraine program will be assisted in finding suitable housing.
- Up to £2,500 in project-related expenses
- Eligible Countries: Applicants may be of any nationality.
- Acceptable Subjects or Courses: The PhD fellowship will be awarded in any of Sheffield’s areas under consideration. Listed below are academic departments.
- Admissible Criteria: To qualify for the program:
- Academics who have been displaced or impacted by conflict or persecution in their home country are eligible to apply.
- In the case of other nationalities, applicants must be able to get a UK visa through the Ukrainian visa schemes or another type of UK visa, if appropriate.
- The applicant’s proposed research area should correspond with Sheffield’s research areas.
- Applicants are expected to remain employed by their home university and restart their research in their home country when it is safe to do so.
How to apply
- How to Apply: Download the application form and send it, along with a CV, to [email protected].
- Documents to Back It Up: A CV and a research proposal are needed to apply. For admission, you need to show proof of your previous degree, official English translations, academic references, and certificates of English language proficiency. A statement of support (including a research proposal, if necessary), a curriculum vitae or resume, and samples of your work.
- Admission Requirements: Before applying, people must make sure they meet all the requirements.
- Language requirement: Those who want to visit the University of Sheffield must have a good grasp of English.
November 13, 2022.
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Group
See What Others Are Reading:
- Harvard University,I Tatti/DHI Rom Joint Fellowship for African Studies USA
- ACT Foundation Grant Cycle for African Entrepreneurs 2023
- Monash University International Merit Scholarship for International Students 2023