Ocean Country Partnership Programme (OCPP) Award in UK
Don’t miss the opportunity a once-in-a-lifetime chance to study a fully financed Masters or PhD in Marine Science in the United Kingdom if you’re interested in continuing your education in oceanography.
For the academic year 2022–2023, submit an application for the Ocean Country Partnership Programme (OCPP) Scholarships provided by the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
The application procedure is now open for South Pacific students interested in pursuing a PhD or Master’s degree in Marine Science at a Commonwealth Host University.
This scholarship program is financed by the UK’s Blue Planet Fund and will cover the successful students’ tuition fees. It will also give a stipend for living expenses, travel grants, and research support awards.
- University or Organization: Association of Commonwealth Universities
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Masters or PhD
- Awards: Tuition fee and other benefits
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
About the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) was founded in 1913 and is the world’s first and oldest international university network. The ACU is a global organization dedicated to making the world a better place via higher education. It is committed to making the world a better place via higher education.
Why choose to study at Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)?
The Association of Commonwealth Universities is comprised of approximately 500 universities in 50 Commonwealth nations. 66% of its membership is in low- and middle-income nations, while 5% resides in small states. The network is accessible to over 10 million students and over 1 million academic and professional personnel.
The Association of Commonwealth Universities will provide the following perks for 18 months or three years for master’s and doctoral applicants, respectively:
- Tuition costs (including general fees and health fees)
- Allowance for cost of living
- Grant for research support
- Travel grant (case by case basis)
- Costs associated with dependents, incapacity, and pregnancy (case by case basis)
- Eligible Countries: Students from the Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Tokelau, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, and Tuvalu are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD Agriculture, PhD Biology, PhD Chemistry, PhD Earth Science, PhD Environmental Management, PhD Environmental Science, PhD Geography, PhD Marine Management, PhD Marine Science, MA Environmental Management, MA Geography, MA Marine Management, Master of Agriculture, MSc Biology, MSc Chemistry, MSc Earth Science, MSc Environmental Science, MSc Geospatial Science, or MSc Marine Science programmes at a host university can be applied for.
- Eligibility Requirements: To qualify, applicants must satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Applicants for a Master’s degree must be citizens of the Solomon Islands or Vanuatu and generally reside there.
- PhD candidates must be citizens of other Pacific Island nations (Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Tokelau, Samoa, Tonga and Tuvalu).
- The applicants must be working in the fields of environment, fisheries, and aquaculture science, or have substantial relevant experience.
- The applicants must suggest a topic for study that is novel, timely, and likely to have a demonstrable impact beyond the academic community.
How to apply
- How to Apply: Applications for admission must be made on the application portal of the host university. Here is where you can log in and fill out the application online.
- Documents to Back It Up: The following items must be given to the university by the students:
- Plan of study
- Impact and Policy
- Personal Development
- Communicating Research
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or higher, and they must also meet the requirements for graduate study at the host university.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the host country’s language requirements. Many British universities accept tests like IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, etc.
3rd November 2022.
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Group
See What Others Are Reading: