FIA Motorsport Engineering international awards at Cranfield University, UK
Do you have a strong academic record, a passion for motorsports, but lack the funds to attend Cranfield? Cranfield University in the UK offers a Motorsport Engineering Scholarship that is supported by the FIA.
The FIA and Cranfield University have launched the first Engineering Scholarship to help applicants from the UK, EU, and the rest of the world study Advanced Motorsport Engineering MSc.
Students can apply for this complete scholarship, which covers tuition and living expenses in the United Kingdom. Oversees students will also be compensated for their flights and living expenses.
- University or Organization: Cranfield University
- Department: Cranfield‡s School of Management
- Course Level: Master
- Award: Full scholarship covering tuition fees (GBP 26,580)
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: UK, EU, and the Rest of the World
- The award can be taken in the UK.
About the Cranfield University
The Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA), founded in 1904, is the world’s regulatory body of motorsport and promotes for safe, sustainable, and accessible mobility for all road users worldwide. With members from 146 countries, the FIA is dedicated to encouraging greater diversity and inclusion.
It is the FIA’s first worldwide talent search project, with the goal of removing financial barriers to participation and allowing an exceptional young engineer from one of the FIA zones to pursue a Master’s in Advanced Motorsport Engineering from Cranfield.
Why choose to study at Cranfield University?
Since the 1970s, Cranfield has conducted research, consulting, and testing for the motorsport industry. The University boasts a varied faculty and student body, with people from over 100 nations learning and working there. Cranfield Simulation (AXSIM) is at the forefront of driver-in-the-loop race-driving simulation, and the Cranfield Impact Site is an FIA-approved test centre.
The FIA scholarship for motorsport engineering covers the following:
- Fees for the MSc in Advanced Motorsport Engineering at Cranfield University (academic year 2023/24).
- Applicants will get one economy round-trip flight from their home country to the United Kingdom.
- A stipend paid quarterly to cover a portion of housing and personal living expenditures in the United Kingdom (total equivalent to EUR 16,000, depending on exchange rates at the time of payment). Applicants might need additional funds to complete their studies.
- Eligible Countries: Appropriate for applicants from the United Kingdom, the European Union, and the rest of the world
- Acceptable Subjects or Courses: Master of Science in Motorsport Engineering
- Admissible Criteria: Applicants must hold a first- or second-class honors degree in a related subject area to be eligible.
- An analogous international qualification
- Each application will be evaluated on its individual merits. Candidates must possess both relevant job experience and a degree with a second-class honour. If candidates do not satisfy official entry requirements but believe they can demonstrate the ability to successfully finish the course, they may still be accepted.
How to apply
- How to Apply: Applicants who want to be considered for the FIA Motorsport Engineering Scholarship should indicate their interest on the course application form and include a short personal statement about why they should be considered.
- Fill out a form for the MSc in Advanced Motorsport Engineering.
- Supporting Documents: To back up their application, applicants must send a short personal statement, proof that they can speak English well, degree certificates and transcripts, and two references.
- Admission Requirements:Visit the FIA website and get in touch with an FIA Member organization in your country before you contact Cranfield University.
- Language Requirement: At Cranfield, students who want to get a formal degree must show that they can communicate well in English in an academic setting.
15 Feb 2023
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Group
See What Others Are Reading: