GST111 Past Questions & Answers Chapter 2: Nigerian Peoples Culture and Pre-Colonial Firms
Chapter 2- Nigerian Peoples Culture And The Pre-Colonial Firms
- What is the geography of Nigeria?
Answer: Lat4°N – 14°N, Lon.3°E – 15°E
- What are the boundaries (land wall) of Nigeria?
Answer: Atlantic ocean (south), Cameroon (east), Benin republic (west), Chad (north east), Niger republic (north)
- Nigeria covers an area of ____________________
Answer: 913,073 square kilometers
- The two large physical features that affected its history are _________________ and _____________________
Answer: Sahara desert (north), Atlantic ocean (south)
- Nigeria became a single entity in _____________________
- The story of Nigeria was history of various tribes until_____________
- Ethnic groups that belong to the coastal regions?
Answer: Awon, Urhobo, Ijaw, Itsekiri, Kalabari, Ogoni.
- ”””””””””””””””””””””” first belts
Answer: Edo, Igbo, Yoruba.
- ””””””””””””””””””””” savanah regions
- Most communities color and developed as a result of _____________________
Answer: Migration and conquest.
- Nigeria lies wholly within the ____________________
- The two well marked seasons in Nigeria are?
Answer: wet and dry seasons.
- Nigerian vegetation distribution is divided into _________________ and simply reduced to __________________
Answer: 5,2 (forest and savannah)
- The leaders of dynastic ancestors were mainly ___________________
- Where do the hausa people originate from?
- Yoruba land was founded from?
- Who was the first king of Yoruba land?
Answer: Oduduwa or Oodua
- Yoruba states are divided into __________________ and __________________
Answer: Mega states, mini states and communities
- Yoruba practiced ________________ system of government
Answer: Constitutional monarchy
- The seven principal chiefs are also known as_______________________
- The supreme being of Yoruba land is__________________
- Who is Olodumare’s deputy?
Answer: Orisa-nla or Obatala
- ________________ controls matter related to wisdom and knowledge?
Answer: Orunmila or Ifa
- _________________ controls from war and chase?
- ________________ is the being of mischief?
- ________________ is symbolized as stone?
- Sanyu is the being of ______________ and _______________ and also _______________
Answer: Thunder and lightening, fourth king Alafin
- Spoon shows _________________
Answer: Wrath of God
- _______________ is the largest linguistic group in Africa?
- The hausas are found mostly in __________________
Answer: Northern Nigeria and Cameroon
- _______________ was the first Hausa state?
- Who is a notable scholar in the history of the Hausa state formation?
Answer: Dr Henry Barth
- Spirit in Hausa is __________________
- The belief of spirits in Hausa is called?
- Hausa spirits live in a world called?
- Anyanwu means _________________
- Agbala means __________________
Answer: Fertility and all being that inhabits it
- Okikie means ________________
- The igbo practice what system of politics?
Answer: Direct democracy
- Umunna means _______________
Answer: Children of the same father
- The Nupe today lived around the towns _____________, ______________ and ________________
Answer: Bida, Mokwa and Jebba
- The Nupe practiced what system of government?
Answer: Centralized system
- Who is the cultural hero and mythical founder of the Nupe kingdom?
Answer: Isoede and Edegi
- The Niger-Delta covers an area of __________________
Answer: 2800050/ km / migration
- When did it become illegal to refer to anyone as a slave?
- What were the major articles of trade in the pre-slave period of the efiks?
- In Calabar, trade was in the hands of _______________
Answer: Duke, Local potentates and private merchants