The Post UTME Form for the University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) is the key to unlocking a future in medical excellence.
This vital entry point allows applicants to start on a transformational academic journey within the distinguished pathways of UNIMED.
The Post UTME Form, which is an essential component of the admissions process, allows candidates to demonstrate their academic prowess and interest for medical sciences.
What is Post UTME?
POST UTME is an exam written by prospective students who made it up to the required grades in JAMB to gain admission into tertiary institutions.
It is an abbreviation for Post Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination. It is being organized by universities as a screening exercise to admit students into the schools.
The scores obtained in the Post UTME, academic qualifications, and other admission criteria, are used by the institutions to determine which candidates will be offered admission into their undergraduate programs.
What is UNIMED Post UTME Form?
The UNIMED Post UTME form refers to the screening exercise conducted by the University of Medical Sciences, Ondo State (UNIMED) for candidates seeking admission into the institution.
The Post UTME form is a crucial component of the university’s admission process, as it allows the institution to assess the academic capabilities and suitability of candidates for various undergraduate programs.
The UNIMED Post UTME form typically includes registration, payment of a screening fee, and the actual examination. The registration process involves candidates providing their personal details, academic qualifications, and other relevant information as required by the university.
After completing the registration, candidates are usually required to pay a specified screening fee to obtain access to the examination venue and other necessary materials.
Need help registering for UNIMED Post UTME? Click the button below!
Important dates and deadlines for UNIMED Post UTME Form
To ensure a smooth application process, it’s crucial to be aware of the important dates and deadlines for the UNIMED post UTME form.
Missing these deadlines can result in your application being disqualified or delayed, so mark these dates on your calendar and plan accordingly.
Here are some key dates to remember:
1. Opening of Online Registration:
The online registration portal for the UNIMED post UTME Form typically opens in the month of June.
It’s important to keep an eye on the official UNIMED website or admission portal for the exact opening date.
2. Closing of Online Registration:
The closing date for online registration is usually a few weeks after the opening date.
It’s advisable to complete your registration well before the deadline to avoid any last-minute technical glitches or issues.
3. Document Verification Deadline:
After completing the online registration, there is a period allocated for document verification.
During this time, applicants are required to submit their original documents for verification at the designated verification centers.
The deadline for document verification is typically a few days after the closing of online registration.
4. Payment of Application Fees Deadline:
The application fee is an essential part of the UNIMED Post UTME application process.
The deadline for payment of the application fees is usually stated on the official school website or admission portal. It’s important to make the payment within the specified timeframe to avoid any complications.
5. Submission of the Completed Application Form Deadline:
After completing the online registration, document verification, and payment of application fees, applicants must submit their completed application forms.
The deadline for submission is typically a few days after the payment deadline.
It’s crucial to double-check all the information provided in the application form before submission to ensure accuracy and completeness.
When is UNIMED Post UTME date?
UNIMED Post-UTME Eligibility Criteria
1. Candidates who chose “Ondo State University of Medical Sciences” as their most preferred (1st) choice Institution in the 2023/2024 UTME and scored 150 and above are eligible to apply for the Post UTME Screening.
2. All applicants are required to have a minimum of five (5) credits in either NECO, SSCE and GCE O’ Level, which must include English Language, Mathematics and any other three (3) relevant subjects as may be specified by each Faculty. The five (5) O’ level credits should be obtained in not more than two (2) sittings.
For Medicine and Surgery (MBBS), Dentistry (BDS) and Doctor of Physiotherapy programmes, the five (5) O’level credits must include Mathematics, English, Biology, and Physics & Chemistry which must be obtained at only one (1) sitting.
3. Direct Entry candidates who have already applied through JAMB and also picked the University as their most preferred (1st) choice Institution in 2023/2024 (Direct Entry Registration are also eligible to apply for the Post UTME Screening.
- They are required to possess a minimum of ten (10) points in relevant ‘A’ level subjects, B.Sc. (Hons) Degree/ Diploma in the Basic Medical or Basic Science subjects with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division).
- For Medicine and Surgery and Dentistry programmes, a minimum of thirteen (13) points in relevant ‘A’ level subjects, and Second Class Upper, B.Sc. (Hons) Degree in any Basic Medical Science courses.
- For the Nursing Science programme, candidates with a first (1st) degree in health-related and basic science courses with a minimum of second-class lower honours; also candidates who are holders of the RN or RM Certificates from the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria are also eligible to apply.
4. JAMB UTME Subject Combination: All courses in Faculties require English Language, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in UTME. Candidates applying for admission in Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, or Computer Science are required to present a UTME subject combination of English Language, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
5. Note that candidates who did not choose the “Ondo State University of Medical Sciences” and are willing to change to this University as their most preferred (1st) choice Institution are also advised to apply for the Post UTME Screening.
Understanding the Application Process
There are several processes involved in applying for the UNIMED Post-UTME Form. To increase your chances of success, you must strictly adhere to them.
Purchasing the Post-UTME Form
First, you’ll need to purchase the school’s post-UTME form. This can be done online via the school’s portal or at designated banks and accredited centers.
Submission of the Form
After filling out the form correctly, it needs to be submitted through the school’s portal. Make sure to cross-check all the information you provided before submission.
How to Apply for UNIMED Post-UTME Form
- Candidates should log on to the University website www.unimed.edu.ng and take the following steps.
- Click on Admission
- Click on Post-UTME to access the Post-UTME Portal;
- Click on PAYMENT to make payment via the online payment system using DEBIT Cards
- After payment, Click Here to Print Payment Receipt
- On the Post-UTME Portal, Click on Application Login to Login with your UTME/DE Registration Number and Payment Transaction ID as Password to complete the screening form.
- For more details on payment and application, check the University website (www.unimed.edu.ng) PAYMENT IS ONLY VIA THE UNIMED PAYMENT PLATFORM, ON NO ACCOUNT SHOULD CANDIDATES MAKE PAYMENT TO ANY UNAUTHORISED ACCOUNT. PLEASE SEEK CLARIFICATION IN CASE OF DOUBT
Where can I purchase UNIMED Post-UTME Form?
The purchase of UNIMED Post-UTME Form process is entirely online, However, it is worth mentioning that the Post UTME form is currently on sales.
How much is UNIMED Post UTME form?
Qualified candidates are required to pay a non-refundable sum of ₦2,000 (Two thousand naira) only for the University of Medical Sciences(UNIMED)
What are the required documents for UNIMED post-UTME screening?
Common Mistakes to Avoid while Filling Out UNIMED Post-UTME Form
- Make sure you confirm and provide your correct JAMB registration number
- Avoid photos with dark backgrounds
- Avoid blurry image
- Try to use and reliable internet cafe near you
- Make sure you have a good and strong network connection before you commence registering
- Make sure you are using a working mobile number. You can use any number, it doesn’t have to be the number you used to register for JAMB.
- Make sure the number belongs to you.
- Select the desired course as filled in your JAMB UTME/Course Change Form, if specified
- Check your form and make sure there are no errors before and after submitting it.
What Happens After UNIMED Screening?:
The period after the post-UTME screening can be a mix of anticipation and uncertainty for many students.
Here’s a general overview of what typically happens following the screening exercise, particularly at institutions like UNIMED:
After the screening exercise, the university usually takes a period to process and score the results. The results can be released anywhere from a few days to a few weeks after the screening, depending on the number of applicants and the logistics involved.
Accessing Your Result:
Most universities, including UNIMED, will publish the Post UTME results on their official e-portals. You’d be required to log in using the credentials you registered with to view your score.
Along with the results, the university might also announce the departmental cut-off marks. These are the minimum post-UTME scores required for admission into various courses. Meeting or surpassing the cut-off mark for your chosen course increases your chances of getting admitted.
What are the next steps after Writing UNIMED post-UTME?
After completing the University of Medical Sciences post-UTME screening, the next steps typically include:
1. Admission List:
If your Post UTME score, combined with your JAMB score, meets the required cut-off, you stand a good chance of being on the admission list. This list is often released in batches: first list (merit list), second list, etc. It will be uploaded on the university’s official site and possibly on the JAMB CAPS (Central Admission Processing System) portal.
2. Acceptance of Admission:
Once admitted, you’ll typically have a timeframe within which to accept the admission offer. This is often done on the JAMB CAPS portal by clicking on ‘Accept’ or ‘Decline’ for the admission offer.
3. Acceptance Fee Payment:
After accepting the admission, the next step is usually to pay an acceptance fee. This non-refundable fee confirms your intention to study at the university.
4. Clearance and Registration:
After payment, you’ll go through a clearance process where you’ll present all your documents for verification. Successful clearance leads to registration, where you’ll be given your matriculation number and other relevant student details.
5. School Fees Payment:
After clearance, you’ll be required to pay the school fees for the academic session.
6. Orientation and Resumption:
Finally, fresh students usually undergo an orientation program to acquaint them with the university’s culture, values, and expectations. After this, lectures and academic activities commence.
UNIMED Post UTME Screening Form FAQs
We’ve put together a helpful list of the most common questions and straightforward answers to guide you through the UNIMED Post UTME screening process with ease.
What is the official website for UNIMED?
The official website for University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) is https://www.unimed.edu.ng/. Always ensure you’re visiting the official site to avoid scams or misinformation.
How much is the UNIMED Post UTME Screening Form?
While the price can vary from year to year, you should check the university’s official portal or announcements for the current cost. It’s also essential to pay only through the official payment channels provided by the university.
How does UNIMED Conduct its Post UTME Exam?
UNIMED conducts its Post UTME exam as a Computer-Based Test (CBT) focusing on subjects relevant to the applicant’s chosen course. The exam is held on the university campus or approved centers, and it’s a critical part of the admission process.
Can I change my course or details after submitting the form?
Most universities allow for corrections within a specific period after form submission. You might be required to pay a correction fee. It’s best to contact the university’s admission office or check their portal for specific guidelines.
I didn’t score very high in the post-UTME. Can I still get admission?
Admission depends on a combination of your JAMB score, Post UTME score, and the departmental cut-off mark. While a high Post UTME score is advantageous, other factors like the number of applicants for a course, the general performance that year, etc., can influence admission chances.
When will the admission list be out?
The admission list release can vary, but it’s usually a few weeks to months after the post-UTME screening. Keep an eye on the university’s official portal and the JAMB CAPS portal for updates.
What if I miss the screening date?
It’s crucial not to miss the screening date as it might jeopardize your admission chances. However, if you have a valid reason for missing it, you should contact the university’s admission office immediately for guidance.
Can Direct Entry (DE) candidates also apply for the Post UTME?
Direct Entry candidates usually have a different admission process. You should refer to the university’s guidelines specific to DE candidates.
How do I prepare for the screening exercise?
Preparation involves revising relevant subjects, going through past questions, ensuring you have all necessary documents, and being mentally prepared for the exercise.
Is there an age limit for applying?
While some universities have age restrictions, UNIMED’s specific age requirements, if any, would be mentioned in the admission guidelines for the year.
I am having issues logging into the portal. What should I do?
If you encounter technical issues, it’s advisable to contact the university’s ICT or support unit. Ensure you’re using the correct URL, and your login details are accurate.
Get Help with Your UNIMED Post-UTME Registration!
Feeling lost in the maze of UNIMED’s post-UTME registration? You’re not alone, and there’s no need to navigate it by yourself.
At SchoolNews.info, we’re here to simplify the process for you.
Our team is dedicated to providing personalized assistance, making sure your registration is smooth and free from mistakes.
Why risk any errors? Leave it to the professionals!
We’ll manage the details, allowing you to concentrate on preparing for university life.
In conclusion, the University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) Post UTME Form stands as a pivotal step in the academic journey for aspiring students.
It serves as a platform where individuals showcase not only their academic prowess but also their dedication to making a significant impact in of medical sciences