International Student Academic Scholarship at State University of New York College, Geneseo
International students are eligible for International Student Academic Merit Awards at State University of New York College at Geneseo. The program is available for the academic year 2023-2024 for study in the United States.
Academic scholarship support for international students is renewable for up to four years with a minimum GPA of 3.0. Freshmen and transfer students are eligible for participation in programs. International applicants admitted to SUNY Geneseo are evaluated automatically.
- University or Organization: State University of New York College at Geneseo
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $5,000 USD – $9,000 USD per year
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the US.
About the State University of New York College, Geneseo
Geneseo, founded in 1871, is one of the country’s top public liberal arts universities. Geneseo is noted for its great professors, inviting atmosphere, and reputation for creating fiercely devoted alums. It is nationally recognized for excellence and value in the liberal arts.
Why Study at the State University of New York College, Geneseo?
The university equips students with cutting-edge knowledge and inspires them to become socially responsible, internationally conscious citizens who are ready for an enhanced life and success around the world.
Successful candidates will receive between $5,000 and $9,000 per year from the State University of New York College at Geneseo.
- Eligible Countries: All international nations may submit an application.
- Acceptable Courses or Subjects: Students may apply to enroll in a SUNY Geneseo undergraduate program.
- Admissible Criteria: To qualify, applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- International students enrolling to SUNY Geneseo for enrollment in an undergraduate program during the summer, fall, or spring semesters are eligible to apply. Applicants for a scholarship must have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
- They must possess a high school diploma and a solid academic record.
How to apply
- How to Apply: Those who want to get into the university’s undergraduate degree program must apply. Once that is done, students can apply for this award.
- Documents to Back It Up: The following items must be given to the university by the students:
- Application Form Filled Out
- Appropriate Academic Records
- Proof that you know English
- One recommendation letter
- Personal Statement
- Statement of Support for Money
- Passport ID page photocopy
- SAT/ACT (not required) (not required)
- Admission Requirements: Official transcripts from every secondary school (high school) you’ve been to, with English translations, that are up to date.
- Language Requirement: The students must send in their scores from the following English tests:
- The International Admission Committee wants all students to show proof that they can speak English.
- The following exams are accepted as proof of English proficiency:
- TOEFL (internet-based minimum score: 75)
- Institution Code: 2540
- IELTS (minimum score of 6.5 overall. No section can be below 6.0)
- PTE (minimum 58)
- iTEP (minimum 3.7)
- MET (minimum 53)
- Eiken Grade Pre-1
- Duolingo English Test (minimum 105)
- Cambridge English
- Skills for English (CEFR B2 w/ Merit)
October 1 for the spring semester and January 1 for the fall semester.
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Group
See What Others Are Reading:
- Harvard University,I Tatti/DHI Rom Joint Fellowship for African Studies USA
- ACT Foundation Grant Cycle for African Entrepreneurs 2023
- Monash University International Merit Scholarship for International Students 2023