In order to fill the position of Trimmer on our Pemberton team, we are searching for a professional who is both driven and dedicated to their work.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to showcase your passion for cannabis by tending to all parts of the growing process to ensure that our goods are of a higher quality than the standards that are currently in place worldwide.
Job Location: Pemberton, BC
Employment Type: Full-time permanent employment onsite
Division: Operations, Cultivation
Hours: 40 hours per week
Hourly Wage: $25.75 / hour to start + shift premiums (*new wage*)
You will make an impact at Aurora by utilizing all parts of your technical talents and love for the industry, from planting to harvesting to trimming dried cannabis flowers. Here is how you will do so…
A little about us
We’d like to introduce ourselves as Aurora Cannabis and tell you how thrilled we are to finally meet you.
We are a cannabis business operating on a global scale, and our desire to make a positive impact on people’s lives serves as our primary motivation.
We pride ourselves on having a diversified workforce that always gives their best effort in order for Aurora to be the preferred cannabis provider for both patients and consumers.
We have a deep passion for what we do, and we are especially proud of the high-quality and forward-thinking brands that we produce under the Aurora umbrella, including Aurora, Aurora Drift, San Rafael ’71, and Whistler.
Trending: 2000+ Foreign Job Openings in Canada
What separates Aurora as a unique place to work and defines what we mean when we refer to ourselves as the “A-Team” is the combination of our people and our shared love for the industry.
We are a high-performing team of cannabis industry experts, innovators, and champions who collaborate, gain knowledge from one another, and achieve success as a group.
We think BIG, act BOLD, and execute with PURPOSE in everything that we do, and we will not stop at anything in our pursuit of providing our community with the very best possible cannabis experience.
- Collaborate with the facilities team to ensure the health of every stage of the cannabis production process, including planting, harvesting, and care for the dried product.
- Assist in the process of trimming dried cannabis flowers while adhering to WMMC rules and making certain that the finished products are superior to those set by the industry.
- Raise the standard of the facility’s operations by identifying areas in which they may be enhanced, making suggestions for how they could be cleaned and maintained, and ensuring that our plants and personnel are located in a secure and clean environment.
- It is expected that you will take on extra tasks, responsibilities, and special initiatives as the Company sees fit.
You would be the best fit for this role if you are
- You are the consummate cannabis connoisseur, and you are looking to advance your career at Aurora.
- An advocate for the company’s culture who possesses excellent interpersonal skills, places a high value on ongoing education, and thrives in a collaborative environment.
- An honest and reliable professional who pays close attention to the tiniest of details while carrying out their work and adhering to established procedures.
Additional points if you have
- Previous job experience in the cannabis sector, as well as understanding of industry standards and best practices for the cultivation of dry cannabis is required (an equivalent combination of work experience and education may be considered when creating our talent pool)
At Aurora, our people are at the center of all we do, and we take great pride in cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages our staff to genuinely adore the place where they do their jobs.
We go above and beyond to prioritize your success, and some of the ways that we accomplish this include providing possibilities for meaningful careers, maintaining flexible working conditions, and organizing team events.
- flexibility: you will be able to take advantage of a work atmosphere that offers flexibility and is the ideal combination of work and play. You will be given the tools necessary to establish a healthy work-life balance, such as flexible working hours, shortened work weeks, paid sick and vacation time, and compressed work weeks.
- total rewards: we will motivate you to go above and beyond with a competitive hourly wage (with shift premiums), stock options, an RRSP program, annual bonuses, and a health and personal care spending account that you can use for gym memberships, ski trips, or staycation vouchers. We will also provide you with a health and personal care spending account that you can use for vouchers.
- benefits: we will foster your health and wellness (and the health and wellness of your dependents) with our employee benefits package, which includes employer-paid health and dentalcare premiums, life insurance and LTD policies, and a medical cannabis coverage program, which was designed exclusively for our A-Team and will provide you with $3,000 of coverage each year (because we truly believe cannabis is the best medicine).
Must Read: 4 Steps to Landing a Job in Canada
- learning throughout one’s life: at Aurora, we believe in learning no matter how old you are and will make an investment in your professional development at every stage of your career. To ensure that you are equipped with the toolkit and support you require to be successful, you will have access to a tuition assistance program, virtual learning activities, and annual performance reviews.
employee discounts, perkopolis memberships, company SWAG, paid volunteer time, cutting-edge technology, and free snacks and beverages are just a few examples of the corporate perks that we offer here at Perkopolis. We adore celebrating our staff members and do so by providing them with a variety of enticing benefits, such as those listed above.
- team: We are a varied and worldwide team of cannabis lovers, enthusiastic innovators, fitness gurus, compassionate parents, foodies, and others, with a collective commitment to create an inclusive environment that helps you grow and provides people with better days through the use of medical cannabis.
Inclusion and diversity
At Aurora, we are pleased to nurture and appreciate the existence of a community comprised of professionals from a wide range of backgrounds.
We take great pleasure in fostering an inclusive culture that encourages each member of our team to be their true selves, honor one another’s unique qualities, and genuinely enjoy coming to work each day.
Because of this, we encourage all candidates to apply for job opportunities, regardless of their race, national origin, color, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital and family status, disability, or any other identifying characteristic.
Our diverse community, combined with our inclusive culture, is what distinguishes us in the industry and gives our A-Team its superpowers.
During the recruitment and selection process, if you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site or other format of job advertising), please do not hesitate to let our staff know! We are available to assist you.
Health and safety
At Aurora, our primary goal has always been to improve the overall health and wellbeing of the communities that we serve.
We are committed to providing a setting that is secure, conducive to good health, and welcoming to all members of our team, and we are confident that instituting a policy requiring vaccination against COVID-19 will assist us in accomplishing these goals.
Before beginning employment with Aurora, all candidates are required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical or human rights accommodation in order to satisfy a condition of employment.
This policy went into effect in February 2022 and applies to all employees at Aurora.
An offer of employment will be withdrawn in the event that sufficient proof of immunization is not supplied or if a request for accommodation is denied by the employer.
In the event that it is necessary, Aurora Human Resources will get in touch with you using the email address you supplied.
We will never get in touch with potential prospects through Facebook or any other social media tool.
During the course of the interview process, you will never be asked to reveal private information such as your Social Security number or information regarding your financial history.
How to Apply
Do you believe you have what it takes to become a member of our team? So do we!
Do you believe that you would be a good candidate for this position, but that you do not meet all of the requirements? Apply no matter what! We are excited to look over your application to see whether you are a good match for this position, and if not, we will do our best to find you another suitable job.
Apply now by uploading a copy of your CV to our website alongside an explanation of your desired annual income. Soon after you submit your application, a real person—not a computer—will evaluate it, and if there is a chance that you could be a good fit for the position, a member of our staff will get in touch with you through email.
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Group
See what others are reading